The Berlin Workshop of Future Phlebology 2018, Oct 6th–7th
Please note: The workshops in July are already fully booked.
Similar to the excellent example of EVF HOW, our mission statement is ”Education and hands-on practice for the benefit of patients with venous disease”. As a plus to provide understanding of practical management of venous disease and hands-on training of modern procedures we go one step further and include the newest discoveries offering a glimpse on the future,
with lots of “take-home-experiences“ to improve daily practice.
Early stage detection of venous disease, high resolution vein valve analysis, vein preserving strategies like hyaluronan valvuloplasty and novel painless endovenous modalities are some of our favourite topics.
In a very nice venue (angioclinic vein center Berlin), limited to 20 applicants in 4 groups, we share real hands-on training in real clinical situations and real patients. Patients treated on day 1 are revisited on day 2 for a realistic and instructive review.
Some of the highlights:
- Ultrasound training (3 – 18 Mhz, opt. 24 - 32 MHz): How to detect not only the source of reflux, but the source of disease
- Vein treatments including hyaluronan, lasers, microwave, radiofrequency, steam, different kinds of glue and microfoams, including
- Immediate-effect foam sclerotherapy
- Non-tumescent lasers
- Estetic modalities like LOVE and CLaCS
- New compression modalities: Film compression bandage, excentric silicone bandage, perivenous hyaluronan compression
- Strategies for different budgets, different patients, different countries
The faculty consists of angioclinic experts Chris Ragg, Oana Despa and invited international guests like Jean-Francois Uhl, Miguel Lo Vuolo, Sergio Gianesini, Kasuo Miyake, Uldis Maurins, Ashkan Haghshenas, Petar Dragic and many others.