The Berlin Workshops of Future Phlebology
Referencing the excellent example set by EVF HOW, our mission statement is "Education and hands-on practice for the benefit of patients with venous disease.” In addition to providing understanding of practical management of venous disease and hands-on training of modern procedures we go one very important step further and include the newest discoveries from the famous angioclinic vein centers, offering a glimpse into the future, with lots of ‘take-home-experiences’ to improve daily practice.
Early stage detection of venous disease, high resolution vein valve analysis, vein preserving strategies like hyaluronan valvuloplasty and novel painless endovenous modalities are some of our favorite topics.
In a very pleasant venue (angioclinic vein center Berlin), we share real hands-on training in real clinical situations and real patients. Patients treated on day 1 are revisited on day 2 for a realistic and instructive review.
Some of the highlights:
- Ultrasound training (3 – 18 Mhz, opt. 24 - 32 MHz): How to detect not only the source of reflux, but the source of disease.
- Vein treatments including hyaluronan, lasers, microwave, radiofrequency, steam, different kinds of glue and microfoams, including
Biomatrix sclerofoam and other novelties.
- Immediate-effect treatment of large bulging veins by "foam & film".
- Non-tumescent lasers - newest results.
- Esthetic modalities like LOVE and CLaCS.
- New compression modalities: Film compression bandage, excentric silicone bandage, perivenous hyaluronan compression.
- Strategies for different budgets, different patients, different countries.
The faculty consists of angioclinic experts Chris Ragg, Oana Despa and invited international guests such as Jean-Francois Uhl, Miguel Lo Vuolo, Sergio Gianesini, Kasuo Miyake, Uldis Maurins, Ashkan Haghshenas, Petar Dragic and many others.
All participants for one of the three ‘Venartis Phlebology Innovation Awards’ can apply for one of the two scholarships for ‘The Berlin Workshop of Future Phlebology’. You can find more information here.
The next Berlin Workshop of Future Phlebology will be held June 1st - 2nd, 2019.